• The Arizona Charitable Tax Credit allows you to donate to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO’s) and Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organization (QFCO’s) and receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit against your state income taxes owed.
• For a QCO, donate up to $400 for individuals, up to $800 for a married couple, filing jointly.
• For a QFCO, donate up to $500 for individuals, up to $1,000 for a married couple, filling jointly. You can donate to a private school, public school and to the military as well as to a QCO/QCFO.
In 2019, over 4 million tax credit dollars were donated to GiveLocalKeepLocal charities.
Here are some of the differences your contributions made:
• 5,000 high quality books given to low income children
• Sick children housed for 3,595 nights
• 550 hours of support services provided to people with disabilities and the elderly
• 20 family caregivers helped with respite care.
• Student pre-employment education provided for 100 youth with disabilities
• Job search assistance provided for 50 people with disabilities for one month
• Employment support services covered for 83 people with disabilities for one month
• 7,236 meals were provided to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities
• 189 children in Arizona’s foster care system were provided loving homes
• 911 parents attended parenting classes
• 10,000 children were diapered
• Prepared 1,000 hot nutritious meals for children
• Delivered 57,678 meals directly to the doors of elderly that can’t cook
• 235 children participated in full year or after-school programs
It’s True! With your tax credit donations, you can make an impact on the services provided by many Qualifying Charitable Organizations. When you donate to a QCO or QFCO you can receive a dollar for dollar tax credit.
Always ask your tax advisor before making financial decisions.